Print this page

LANTERN ST. THEODORE

(0 votes)

One of the most famous attractions in Argostoli, just off the famous sinks and right at the entrance of the bay of Argostoli, in the area called Saints Theodore (the chapel), is the Phanar.

The Lantern of St. Theodore was inaugurated in 1928 and joined the network of lighthouses of Greece in 1863. It is the work of J.P.Kennedy.

In 1953 the earthquakes on the lighthouse Kefalonia destroyed to later rebuilt according to original plans.