At the Phanar, at the end of Argostoli, the hill is the Monument to the Fallen Italians, which is dedicated to Italian soldiers Aqui Division who lost their battle by the Germans in an attempt not to surrender to them. This self-sacrifice and denial tradition reflected in this monument which reminds the pain of war and the values of sacrifice and heroism. This massacre victims had more than 117 Italian soldiers who were shot in Casetta Rosa (Red House, a short distance from Argostoli) in September 1943 (15-26 September).
The construction of the monument began in 1975 and completed the work in 1978. It is surrounded by a semicircular railing space area of 52 square meters. The monument is a white cross and next to it 2 \ two inscriptions, one in Italian and one in Greek stating the reason for the monument.